We are looking for an iOS developer to help turn our cool media literacy App into a reality. The National Film Board of Canada is providing the funding for this project.
The successful candidate will help define and implement the technical requirements for this project and ensure that the following criteria are met …
The App must:
- Operate in both English and French languages.
- Capture images with built-in camera and import images from device library.
- Include a basic image editor with the following widgets: crop, text tool, colour swatches/sampler, paint brush/can, eraser
- Include a stamp/sticker/stencil tool.
- Include an in-App image gallery, populated with images from other App users, with potential voting mechanism, top 10 best images, commenting, thumbs-up/down, etc.
- Be able to send edited images from the App to Facebook, Twitter, etc as well as to the in-App Gallery.
- Be compatible with iPod Touch, iPhone 3GS, iPhone 4 and iPad.
- Be built so that a port to Android, Blackberry and iPad in future releases is both possible and convenient.
We are open to using third party components where appropriate. What we’re really looking for a is quality product that is stable, maintainable, and works well. The project will have an approximate five month development cycle including A-B dev and testing with final AppStore submittal to complete the project. Payment will be discussed upon selection of the right candidate.
Computer Science degree from reputable institution, or equivalent experience.
You must be a registered Apple Developer at the iOS Dev Center.
You must have worked on iOS previously and have examples to show – preferrably with an App in the iTunes AppStore.
You must own an iPhone/iPad/iPod Touch.
Applications can be sent to: email@example.com